This document provides a detailed list of changes made to Louie, including differences between PyDispatcher and the initial release of Louie.
Changes from PyDispatcher to Louie 1.0¶
Packaging and Distribution¶
- Louie uses setuptools for managing its placement in the Python package hierarchy.
Naming and Importing¶
The package name for Louie is louie.
The preferred way of using Louie is to only import the louie package, e.g.:
import louie louie.connect(...) louie.send(...)
Function and method names are lowercase_with_underscores, to conform to PEP-0008.
- Louie provides globally-registered plug-ins that augment various aspects of Louie’s operation.
- Available plug-ins include the following:
- QtWidgetPlugin knows how to handle Qt widgets that still exist as Python objects, but whose C++ objects have been destroyed.
- TwistedDispatchPlugin converts Louie’s default synchronous signal dispatching behavior to an asynchronous behavior based on Twisted Deferred objects.